Every birthday is a milestone and should be celebrated as such. However, when someone you know and love reaches their 80th birthday, it's yet another cause for celebration.
Do you know someone who is approaching this milestone? Do you want to help make their day special and memorable with the perfect card and birthday message? Why not consider one of our birthday Flowercards? A stunning bouquet of fresh birthday flowers inside a card.
Keep in mind that for some 80-year-olds, the glass is half full; however, it's half-empty for others. The right message depends on the person who is receiving the card.
If you have a "glass is half-empty" octogenarian, cynicism can go far. With this type of person, you should be selective about the messages you send. In this case, "sentimental" or "happy" messages may seem fake. Instead, opt for clever, cool, or funny.
With someone who sees the glass as half-full, you will find it is easier to find the right message. The key here is to keep things upbeat and happy.
If you aren't sure how the octogenarian in your life views "the glass," the safest route is to choose a "happy" message.
Choosing the right 80th birthday messages
Trying to figure out what to write in an 80th birthday card can seem daunting, but it doesn't have to be. Keep reading for some inspiration and ideas for great 80th birthday messages that your family member or friend will appreciate and cherish.
What to write in an 80th birthday card for your wife?
Is your wife reaching this impressive milestone? If so, you may want to include a loving, heartwarming message that illustrates your undying love for them.
Your wife is the woman in your life, and you’ll most probably spend the day with her. Because of this, you should make sure you find the perfect message to express your feelings.
If this is the case, some messages to consider include:
- Happy 80th Birthday, My Love! It has been the joy of my life to love you, raise a family with you, and grow old with you. Because of you, I have had a beautiful life.
- Today is the 80th anniversary of the birth of my favourite person on the planet—happy 80th birthday, my wife. I am so lucky to have you and love you more with every passing day.
- Each day that passes reminds me how lucky I am to have you in my life. As your husband, I can't wait to see what the coming years have in store—happy 80th birthday.
- They say marriage isn't always easy. But the easiest thing I have ever done is fall in love with you and love you every day since we met. I hope your 80th birthday is as amazing as you.
- You are my sunshine, my love, my one and only. I hope your 80th birthday is at least half as amazing as you! I'll love you forever, my sweet wife.
- Each of these messages centre around the love you have for your wife and express your hope to have many more years with your special person. In most cases, if you are giving an 80th birthday card to your wife, sticking with a message like the ones above will suit the situation perfectly.
What to write in an 80th birthday card for your husband?
Has your husband levelled up and now joined the other octogenarians? If so, it is definitely a reason to celebrate.
One way to wish them a happy birthday is with the perfect card. As you start to craft your message, think about your husband – is he funny, fun-loving, serious? By thinking about his personality, you can figure out how to prepare the perfect 80th birthday message.
If you are struggling to figure out what to write in his card, use the ideas below. Chances are, you will find something perfect for the man you love.
- Happy 80th birthday. Time flies when you are having the time of your life. You have definitely brought sunshine and laughter into my life. I hope your day is as amazing as you make my life. All my love to the man of my dreams.
- They say things get better with age. If that's the case, you are as close to perfect as it gets. Happy 80th birthday.
- When you look back over the past 80 years, I hope your memories are warm and your thoughts are happy. As we celebrate 80 years of you, know that I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you. You are my "happy," and I hope you have the happiest of birthdays.
- I feel so lucky to have someone so special and amazing as a constant presence in my life. Today is your 80th birthday, and I pray you enjoy health, happiness, and love for many years to come.
- As my husband, you have brought a lifetime of happiness into my life. I hope your 80th birthday is the happiest yet, and know I can't wait to celebrate 81 with you next year.
Your husband is a special man but may not be as sentimental as you. You can adjust the message to better suit your husband's personality. You can create fun, funny, or heartwarming messages from the ones above or use one of these in your card. Chances are he will love the words you decide to write.
What to write in an 80th birthday card for your mum?
Is your mum reaching this milestone? If so, making sure you get the message right is a must. Do you know what to write? Do you want something short and sweet or more sentimental?
Regardless of the type of message you want for your mum's 80th birthday, you will likely find some ideas and inspiration here.
A special lady is turning 80! I hope you have the best birthday ever, Mum!
Happy birthday, mum! At 80, you are still the most beautiful lady I know!
Happy 80th birthday to the one woman who could still catch me and spank my butt if she needed to.
Happy 80th birthday, Mum! So sorry to tell you, it looks like you're stuck with dad for a few more years, at least!
Mum, thank you for raising me to be the person that I am today. I am thankful every day for you and the impact you have had on my life. I love you more than anything and hope you have the happiest 80th birthday ever.
Thank you for loving me unconditionally and always caring for me through my "troubled years." With you as my number one cheerleader, I knew and know I can do anything and that you will always be there for me. Happy 80th birthday to the best woman I know.
Remember, your mum is (or should be) one of the most important women in your life. Today is a day to celebrate her. Be sure the message you write in the card highlights all the most wonderful things about her. The messages above should give you a few ideas. You can use these or combine them to create something unique from your heart.
What to write in an 80th birthday card for your dad?
Your dad is a special man in your life. He is the one who has been there for you, provided a stern hand when needed, and loved you unconditionally.
As he celebrates his 80th birthday, think about what you want to say to him. Do you want to send a funny message or one that is more sentimental? Regardless of how you feel or what you want to say, some of the messages here should be just right for your dad.
- Happy 80th birthday to the greatest man I have ever had the honour of knowing. I hope your day is as amazing as you.
- On your 80th birthday, there's a question I've been meaning to ask – what was it like when dinosaurs were still roaming the earth?
- Dad, thank you for being my best friend and the one person I knew I could rely on no matter what. Each day I am so thankful for getting to call you dad. I can't wait to celebrate your special day with you.
- Today, we celebrate 80 incredible years of you. While I haven't known you all your life, I have known you all of mine, and I can honestly say you are the best, most loving man I have ever met. I hope your day is as amazing as you. Happy birthday.
- Having you as a dad has made my life so much happier and complete. I have learned so much from you through the years, and I treasure every moment and memory I have with you. Happy birthday to the most amazing man I know.
When it comes to your dad, maybe words aren't enough. With the right card, such as a Flowercard, you can feel confident that you will portray the message you want. Also, a Flowercard offers a gift inside the card, which makes it even more special to the person who receives it.
What to write in an 80th birthday card for your brother or sister?
When your brother or sister reaches an important milestone, like their 80th birthday, it's a reason to celebrate. While this is true, getting the message right is a must.
If you have found the perfect card, the next step is to create the perfect message. One way to determine what to write is by considering the relationship you have with them. For example, did you fight often growing up? Do you have a sarcastic relationship with them or a loving one? This context will help you decide what type of message to include in their card.
Do you need some inspiration or ideas? If so, use some of the messages here:
- Turning 80 is the same as turning 27 in Celsius! So, happy 27th birthday to the "coolest" brother/sister on the planet.
- Congratulations on living for eight decades. Through the years, we have been through a lot and stuck together. You are my best friend, and I hope you have an amazing day!
- Happy 80th birthday! I hope your second 40th birthday is more fun, exciting, and filled with love than your first (without the mid-life crisis, of course).
- Through thick and thin, you have been by my side. You were my first best friend, my "ride or die," and the one person I have always looked forward to growing old with. Happy 80th birthday to you!
- I feel so lucky to have someone so special like you as a constant presence in my life. Today, on your 80th birthday, I hope you enjoy all the things you deserve – happiness, health, and love. Happy birthday from your favourite sister/brother!
When it comes to celebrating your brother or sister on their special day, getting the message right is a must. Here you have a few notes that will help you make this day special and memorable.
What to write in an 80th birthday card for your friend?
Friends are special. They provide you with support, love, and more throughout your life. If your friend is celebrating their 80th birthday, and you want to add to the celebration with the perfect message, you have many options.
Celebrating this birthday is something to commemorate with the right message and the right level of humor.
If you want some ideas and inspiration for the perfect 80th birthday message for your friend, consider some of the ones found here.
- A real friend knows your real age and will stay for the party anyway! I'm here to party all night! Happy 80th birthday!
- Happy 80th birthday to my best friend. Here is to another year at celebrating special moments and memories, inside jokes, and working to keep one another happy and sane.
- Just like a fine wine, we are getting better with age – well, it seems like we feel better about our age the more wine we drink. Happy 80th birthday. Here's to many more.
- Don't get too worried as you get older! After all, the older you get, the longer the world has been able to enjoy you! Happy birthday to my best friend. I hope your day is as amazing as you.
- You're 80??? Don't worry – you still have it! The hard part is being able to remember where you put it! Happy birthday to my friend. I hope it's the best day ever.
Like most people, celebrating an important milestone like this with your friend is all about enjoying one another's company and laughing. With the messages above, you will be able to show off your feelings and help make their day as special as they are to you.
A Flowercard Is the Perfect Way to Send Birthday Wishes
Are you ready to send a card that helps your friend, family member, or loved one celebrate this special occasion? If so, a Flowercard is an ideal option.
You may wonder why this is the case. The fact is, flowers with a card are the perfect birthday gift for everyone and a great way to show them how much you care.
While there are the obvious benefits of flowers being mood-lifting and beautiful, when you give a Flowercard, such as the 80th Magic arrangement, you are showing you truly love and value that person. However, you can find an array of options to choose from, such as the Celebrate In Style Flowercard and Birthday Woof! Each of these offers you a unique way to wish someone in your life the happiest of birthdays.
Along with choosing these cards and flowers, you have add-ons to personalise your gift even more. For example, you can send chocolates, candles, porcelain pebbles with inspirational messages, and balloons. This is one of those gifts you can customise for the person it is being sent to. Doing this provides you with the perfect gift for anyone in your life, regardless of if it is a family member, friend, or acquaintance.
Remember, a person's 80th birthday is a huge milestone. Because of this, you need something special to make an impact and show how much you care. There's no question that a Flowercard fits the bill and will be a gift that is cherished and appreciated by anyone who receives it on their 80th birthday.
Are You Ready to Celebrate Someone's Special Day?
Did you know that right now, there are more than 3.2 million people in the UK who are over the age of 80? This number is continuing to grow each day. Because of this, there's a good chance you will be celebrating someone's 80th birthday very soon.
When this milestone rolls around, finding the perfect message is a must. Above, you can find the ideal messages that will suit many different people in your life. You can likely find the message you want to send or customise one of the options above. There's no question that you can make someone's 80th birthday happier and more exciting with the right message.