Wedding anniversaries are the ultimate celebration of love, whether you're celebrating your own marriage or someone else's. A thoughtful way to commemorate the day is by giving your partner or the couple an anniversary card and flowers.
Unfortunately, some people opt out of buying cards entirely because they don't know what to write on them. That's why we here at Flowercard are happy to offer a massive list of anniversary messages and anniversary quotes to make your greeting card extra special.
What To Say In An Anniversary Card
What you write in an anniversary card can be influenced by a few factors. Who is the card meant for? Are you celebrating a particular milestone? Do you want your message to be really personal or a bit more generic? If you're having trouble expressing yourself, you can always find a beautiful quote from a poet concerning love, marriage, and anniversaries.
In any case, your card and message should be appropriate for the anniversary you're celebrating. If it's your or your loved ones' 50th-anniversary, for example, it would be odd not to acknowledge it. What's most important, however, is sending happy thoughts and wishing the couple well on their special day.
15 Ways To Wish A Happy Anniversary
Looking for something short and sweet to write in an anniversary card? These heartfelt anniversary messages are ideal for almost any couple in your life, whether they're your neighbours, co-workers, or friends:
- Happy anniversary! I hope you have a great day.
- There's no better reason to celebrate than true love.
- Sending well wishes to one of the happiest couples I know.
- Congratulations on another year of love and joy.
- Wishing you a happy anniversary and many more to come.
- It's your anniversary again? Seems like you have one every year.
- Wow, 40 years is no small feat. Your relationship is a testament to true love.
- I hope your special day is filled with magic and romance.
- Happy anniversary to the happy couple!
- I'm so glad you two found each other. Happy anniversary!
- Happy you have your soulmate in this crazy world of ours.
- Happy anniversary to the sweetest couple in town!
- Wishing you lots of fun and laughter on this exciting day.
- I know your love will continue to withstand the ups and downs of life. Best wishes!
- True love doesn't just last. It grows even stronger with time. Happy anniversary!
20 Anniversary Messages To Write In A Card To Your Wife
Your anniversary only comes once a year, so it's important to take the opportunity to show your wife how much you care! There are several different approaches you can take with your anniversary card. You could be romantic and heartfelt, funny, or a mixture of the two. To help you out, we've gathered a list of 20 anniversary messages and anniversary quotes that your wife will adore:
- Every day I wake up and thank the Universe for bringing you to me.
- I don't know why you put up with me the way you do, but I'm grateful for it.
- I didn't know I could love someone this much until I met you.
- You're the piece of me I didn't know I was missing. Thank you for growing with me all these years.
- This world is so much brighter and more beautiful with you in it.
- After 30 years of being married to you, I'm convinced that 1,000 years wouldn't be enough.
- Your laughter is the sweetest sound. It could pull me out of the worst dreams.
- I'm sure you can find your way...but I'd be forever lost without you.
- Sometimes I wonder if you'll ever truly know how much you mean to me.
- All these years and you're still so beautiful. The feeling's mutual, right?
- I love the woman you were, the woman you are, and the woman you're becoming.
- Growing with you has been the greatest privilege of my life. Here's to more adventures together.
- How is it that you're more intelligent, beautiful, and hilarious with each passing year? What's your secret?
- “I would rather spend one lifetime with you, than face all the ages of this world alone.” (J.R.R. Tolkien)
- “Love is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own.” (Robert A. Heinlein)
- "The minute I heard my first love story I started looking for you, not knowing how blind that was. Lovers don’t finally meet somewhere. They’re in each other all along." (Rumi)
- “If I had a flower for every time I thought of you...I could walk through my garden forever.” (Alfred Tennyson)
- "Grow old with me, the best is yet to be." (Robert Browning)
- “You are the finest, loveliest, tenderest, and most beautiful person I have ever known and even that is an understatement.” (F. Scott Fitzgerald)
- “You are my today and all of my tomorrows.” (Leo Christopher)
20 Anniversary Messages To Write In A Card To Your Husband
Not sure what to write in an anniversary card for your husband? Whether it's your 50th anniversary or your first, it can be overwhelming to think of the best thing to say. That's why we've collected 20 anniversary quotes and messages that your husband is sure to love:
- Having you by my side has given me the strength to live fearlessly.
- Happy anniversary! I can't wait to enjoy another year of new experiences with you.
- No matter how many years we've been together, it'll always feel like the beginning.
- Wait, I thought the honeymoon phase was supposed to end 15 years ago?
- If we've proven one thing after all these years, it's that there's nothing we can't handle together.
- Every year you give me more reasons to fall deeper and deeper in love with you.
- You understand me in a way that no one else does, and you choose to love me anyway.
- There's no one in this world quite like you. So grateful to call you mine for another year.
- You're a lot like wine. You're ageing beautifully, refined, and I can never get enough.
- Meeting you changed my plans. Falling for you changed my life.
- Whether I'm laughing with you or at you, you never let me go a day without smiling.
- No matter what life throws at us, I'll always be in your corner.
- Loving you is the best thing I ever did and the easiest choice I make every morning.
- “The best thing to hold onto in life is each other.” (Audrey Hepburn)
- “Loved you yesterday, love you still, always have, always will.” (Elaine Davis)
- “I love you more than coffee, but please don’t make me prove it.” (Elizabeth Evans)
- "I love being married. It's so great to find one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life." (Rita Rudner)
- “In all the world, there is no heart for me like yours. In all the world, there is no love for you like mine.” (Maya Angelou)
- “In case you ever foolishly forget: I am never not thinking of you.” (Virginia Woolf)
- “I saw that you were perfect, and so I loved you. Then I saw that you were not perfect and I loved you even more.” (Angelita Lim)
15 Anniversary Messages To Write In A Card To Your Parents
The first romantic relationship most of us ever witness is the one between our parents. Their relationship can have a profound impact on the way you perceive love and marriage. That being the case, them being happily married for another year is cause for celebration! Here are some sweet anniversary messages to put in a card for your beloved parents:
- Thank you for teaching me the true meaning of love. I'll always follow your example.
- Wishing a happy anniversary to the cutest couple I know. I love you, Mom and Dad.
- You've gone through so much together but you always come out smiling in the end.
- Watching your love grow over the years has taught me to never lower my standards.
- Sending you both so much love on this special day. Happy anniversary!
- With so many years together, you must be having trouble finding new ways to celebrate!
- Everyone should aspire to find love as deep as the one you two share.
- Congratulations on reaching this major milestone. I knew you had it in you!
- Your loving relationship sets an example for everyone around you.
- You've proven that love can last without ever fading.
- You're truly a match made in heaven. Happy anniversary!
- Happy anniversary to the two most kind and loving people I know.
- You two never fail to make each other smile. Believe me, I've had a front-row seat for 20 years!
- Everyone hopes to find a love like yours one day. I'm so happy you have each other.
- I hope your day is filled with as much romance and laughter as all the days that have come before.
15 Anniversary Messages To Write In A Card To Sibling & Their Partner
You can approach writing an anniversary message for your sibling and their partner in any way that you'd like. If you have a close relationship where you like to poke fun and tease each other, you can write a more humourous message. You can also go a more earnest route to express your love, pride, and joy for the happy couple.
- Happy and relieved that you're still willing to put with my brother.
- Congratulations on another year of love, friendship, and laughter.
- Reminded on this day how grateful I am to have you in our family.
- You dorks are a perfect match. Wishing you both another year of laughter and adventure.
- I'm starting to think she wasn't joking when she said "I Do"! Congrats on your first year of marriage.
- Love is a choice we make every day. I'm so proud of you for keeping your love and connection alive.
- Happy anniversary! I hope each year is even better than the last.
- You deserve each other, and I say that in the sweetest, most sincere way possible.
- I hope every wrinkle on your foreheads is a reminder of all the amazing memories you've shared.
- Here's to your love growing stronger with every milestone.
- The fact that you've remained married to my sister all these years is proof that love is real.
- Happy anniversary to one of my all-time favourite couples. I love you both.
- Thank you for making my brother happier than I've ever seen him.
- The best is yet to come! Here's to another 20 years!
- I never had any doubt your love would stand the test of time.
15 Anniversary Messages To Write In A Card To A Friend
Anniversary cards are not necessarily expected of friends, which makes it all the more special to receive one! Your friend is sure to be touched by your gesture, regardless of what you write on the card. If you need some ideas, however, these anniversary messages are great choices:
- It brings me so much joy knowing how happy and loved you are.
- I'm still waiting for your honeymoon phase to wear off!
- I drank the wine I bought for you, so please enjoy this thoughtful card instead!
- Try not to celebrate TOO much this year. You're not newlyweds anymore!
- Wishing you two a happy anniversary that's worthy of your love.
- Congrats, love birds! I hope you have lots of fun today.
- Can't believe it's already been a year since the wedding. Congrats!
- The best is yet to come. Never stop finding reasons to fall further in love.
- Everyone dreams of finding a love like yours. Happy anniversary.
- I hope your fairytale romance only gets more and more magical every year.
- Happy anniversary to my two beloved friends. You're the most adorable and annoying couple I know!
- I'm so grateful to have both of you in my life. Wishing you a romantic and stress-free day.
- Sending my warmest wishes to you both on this special day.
- Congratulations on reaching this important milestone. It's truly a credit to your compassion and commitment.
- After all these years, I could never picture either of you with anyone else.
A Flowercard Is The Perfect Way To Send Anniversary Wishes
Love is always worth celebrating. That's why Flowercard offers an array of personalised anniversary cards and flowers, which feature hand-arranged miniature bouquets. These bouquets are made up of various types of vibrant flowers, including roses, chrysanthemums, calla lilies, carnations, veronicas, and much more.
The bouquet comes in a beautifully designed decorative box that can be kept as a keepsake. We give you the option of having your custom message printed onto a swing tag or onto the box itself. No matter which you choose, we'll ensure that the message is highly visible and printed clearly.
Not sure as to which of our gifts your loved one will like best? Our experienced personal shopping assistants would be happy to answer your questions and help you find the perfect gift. Simply call us at 0344 482 4422. We answer calls between 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. during the week and 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on the weekend. We look forward to hearing from you.