Nothing could be more joyful than welcoming a new baby through a heartfelt message in a new baby card. It’s an event worth celebrating, but sometimes knowing what to say and how to say it can prove tricky.
No matter how hard you try, it can be a challenge to find words that are personal, genuine and original too. That’s why we’ve put together this guide to what to write in a new baby card, full of new baby quotes and messages.
It will inspire you and help you find just the wording you are looking for, whether you are congratulating first-time parents or welcoming twins or multiples, your own grandchild or niece or nephew or a much-loved adopted baby.
Read on for the best ways to say congratulations and welcome!
What To Say In A New Baby Card
The arrival of a new baby is a joyous event, so above all, your message should reflect this sentiment.
Depending on how you or the parents tend to express themselves, you can either choose exuberant language or perhaps a simpler, more restrained message if the parents are the more down-to-earth type.
Don’t forget to address both the parents in your card, or simply “Mum and Dad” if you’re unsure of one partner’s name.
As well as welcoming the new baby, you can also acknowledge how life-changing having a new baby is. You can approach this with humour, if you think it’s appropriate, with a simple statement referring to sleepless nights or any of the changes that come with having a new baby.
Spare a thought for what not to say as well! It’s best to avoid any references to future children (probably the last thing on new parents’ minds) or parenting advice. Keep your message light, positive and congratulatory in tone and you won’t go wrong.
20 New Baby Wishes To Send To Celebrate The Birth of A Child
Let’s take a look at some tried-and-tested new baby quotes and messages that will express your delight and the parents’ joy at the new arrival.
These messages and quotes can be used for babies of either sex:
- Congratulations on your bundle of joy. Wishing you all the happiness in the world!
- So happy for you both! Wishing you joy and happiness as you welcome your new baby.
- Sending love to you and your beautiful new baby. May you enjoy these precious early days together as a family.
For a baby girl
- Your beautiful princess is here! Sending our love and congratulations at this special time.
- Congratulations on the birth of your beautiful daughter and little sister for [sibling name]. Enjoy your time together as a family.
- A baby girl is a precious gift. We are thrilled and delighted for you as you get to know your gorgeous daughter.
For a baby boy
- You have a son! Congratulations on the birth of your baby boy.
- What’s not to love about little boys? Wishing you all the best as you enjoy your precious bundle.
- Congratulations on the birth of a little brother for [sibling name]. Sending love to all the family.
You can also draw on some famous quotes around the joy of a new baby:
- “A grand adventure is about to begin.” — A. A. Milne
- “The littlest feet make the biggest footprints in our heart.” — Unknown
- “The most precious jewels you’ll ever have around your neck are the arms of your children.” — Altaf Ul Qadri
- “There are two lasting bequests we can give our children. One is roots. The other is wings.” — Hodding Carter Jr.
- “Children make you want to start life over.” — Muhammad Ali
- “A new baby is like the beginning of all things — wonder, hope, a dream of possibilities.” — Eda J. Le Shan
- “Children bring us a piece of heaven on earth.” — Roland Leonhardt
- “A baby boy has a special way of bringing out the man in his father and the little boy in his grandfather.” — Tanya Masse
- “If I have a monument in this world, it is my son.” — Maya Angelou
- “A daughter is one of the best gifts this world has to give.” — Laurel Atherton
- “Courage, sacrifice, determination, commitment, toughness, heart, talent, guts. That’s what little girls are made of.” — Bethany Hamilton
New Baby Wishes To Send To First-Time Parents
Becoming a parent for the first time is a special experience. Find the words to express the magic with our new baby messages for first-time parents.
- Congratulations on the biggest adventure of your life! Wishing you much happiness as a new family of three.
- Sending love to your beautiful new arrival, and wishing new mum and dad all the best in this exciting new chapter.
- A whole new life is opening up to you with the birth of your little one. Sending you our congratulations and good wishes as you embark on this part of your lives.
- Congratulations on taking on the hardest job in the world! May you be blessed with all the rewards it offers and enjoy your gorgeous new baby.
- So excited to hear your news! Wishing you all the best with your precious firstborn.
New Baby Wishes To Send To Celebrate The Birth of Twins & Multiples
When a loved one welcomes twins, triplets or more, special congratulations are in order. Here are some ideas for how to express your delight at the great news.
- Double trouble! Congratulations on the birth of your twins.
- One birthday, double (or triple, as appropriate) the love! Enjoy your new ready-made family.
- We were thrilled to hear the news of the safe arrival of your babies. You will have full hands and an even fuller heart…congratulations!
- Wow…we are in awe of you as new parents to multiples! Wishing you all the luck and love in the world with your bundles of joy.
- You have been blessed beyond measure with your beautiful babies. Sending you love and congratulations as you settle into family life.
New Baby Wishes To Send To Celebrate The Birth Of Your Grandchild
Becoming a grandparent is one of life’s milestones. Show how much this means to you with one of our suggested new baby messages.
- We can’t tell you how thrilled we are to become grandparents! Looking forward to lots of cuddles with our beautiful new grandson/granddaughter.
- Congratulations and well done on welcoming your gorgeous baby and our grandchild into the world! We’re on standby for babysitting duties!
- You have made all our dreams come true with the gift of a grandchild. Wishing you so much love and happiness in your future family life together.
- Welcoming the next generation to our family! Congratulations to you both on the birth of your gorgeous baby and our wonderful grandchild.
- You have just made one grandma very happy! Wishing you all the love in the world as you celebrate the arrival of baby [name].
New Baby Wishes To Send To Celebrate The Birth of Your Niece Or Nephew
When a sibling starts a family of their own, it’s a really special time for everyone. Show how much you care with a heartfelt new baby message.
- Congratulations, sis (or bro)! Can’t wait to babysit our new niece (or nephew). All our love.
- We are just so thrilled to become Auntie and Uncle to [baby name]. Congratulations to you both and enjoy your time as a new family.
- Welcome [baby name]. You have brought so much joy to all the family already. With love from your Aunt and Uncle.
- You’ve made me the proudest auntie in the world! Congratulations on the birth of my adorable niece/nephew.
- The best brother (or sister) in the world deserves all the happiness. Sending you all our love as you celebrate the arrival of [baby name].
New Baby Wishes To Send To Celebrate An Adoption
A newly adopted baby is an extra special gift. Make sure that the parents know how blessed and admired they are with one of our new baby messages at a time of adoption.
- We are elated to know that you have adopted baby [name]. They have been matched with the perfect parents. Wishing you all the best as a new family.
- Congratulations to an extra special mum and dad. May all your dreams continue to come true.
- Your new baby is so lucky to have you in their lives. You will make the most fantastic parents, and you have all our love and support.
- Congratulations on adopting [baby name]. What you’ve done is the most wonderful thing, and we are sure you will be rewarded in love and special moments with your new baby.
- We know that it’s been a long road to parenthood, but finally you have been rewarded as you deserve. Enjoy your gorgeous new son (or daughter) and cherish every moment together.
A Flowercard Is The Perfect Way To Celebrate A New Baby
Some carefully chosen words combined with the beautiful gift of flowers is all you need to congratulate a loved one on the birth of their baby. You can do just that with any one of Flowercard’s new baby cards. They’re a unique and practical way of wishing your loved one your congratulations with a personal message, complemented by a beautiful bouquet.
Our Baby Blooms bouquet is just perfect for congratulating the proud new parents of a gorgeous new daughter. Cerise Dutch roses and lemon spray carnations make a delightful display full of vibrancy.
The Precious Girl Flowercard says it all. Its pretty pink and purple flowers will bring joy to the new parents and remind them of how much they have been blessed.
To welcome a baby boy, take a look at our Sweetest Boy arrangement. With vibrant yellow calla lilies and nightingale roses, the proud parents will feel uplifted every time they glance at this gorgeous bouquet.
Our Little Monkey Flowercard is another popular choice to celebrate the arrival of a baby boy. Bursting with vibrant peach blooms, it will take pride of place on any mantelpiece.
The He’s Here! bouquet is the perfect way to say hello to that handsome baby boy. With a lilac and cream theme, it will fit into any décor.
The Celebration Hugs Flowercard works beautifully for a boy or girl. Pale pink flowers are complemented by crisp, white blooms, making this a popular choice to welcome a baby of either sex.
Combine The Perfect Message With The Perfect Gift
Finding the perfect words to congratulate the birth of a new baby is just half the challenge of finding a gift to sum up your joy and the parents’ elation.
By selecting a special new baby message from our guide and combining it with a Flowercard, you’ve nailed the perfect gift for new parents — a carefully chosen bouquet of flowers with a complementary card bearing your personal and heartfelt message.
In the haze that follows the arrival of a new bundle of joy, a gorgeous bouquet of flowers will brighten up any new parents’ day, while the card’s message will remind them that your love and support is not far away.
Flowercards are practical too. There is no need to display the flowers in a separate vase. They come ready with everything they need to look fresh for up to two weeks.
Flowercards are quick and easy to order. Choose Express Royal Mail First Class for arrival two to three days after the dispatch date. Or select Next Day Delivery, which will be delivered the next working day if you order by 3 p.m.
Got any questions about our range of Flowercards? Contact us for expert advice from our shopping assistants. We’re here to spread the joy of flowers for any occasion!