We all want our friends and family to know that we think about them and miss them when they're not around. This is especially true when they receive great news worth celebrating or bad news that's difficult to handle.
We can't always be there for each other in person, but we can send thoughtful cards and gifts to show our loved ones that they're not alone. Not sure what to write in a thinking of you card? The Flowercard team is here to offer inspiration and ideas.
What to Say in a Thinking of You Card
If you don't know what to write in a thinking of you card, you should first determine WHY you're writing one. Did your loved one receive great news or upsetting news? Or do you just want them to know that you've been missing them? Your message should be appropriate for the circumstances at hand.
Some people, for example, like to send thinking of you quotes and messages as a get well soon card. The primary purpose of these messages should be to comfort them and let them know that you're there to support them. While you can incorporate humour into these messages, some situations may call for something more serious and sincere.
When to Send a Thinking of You Card
There are so many occasions worthy of sending a thinking of you card. There are positive life events, like an engagement, anniversary, promotion, pregnancy, or any major achievement. There are also unfortunate events like the loss of an opportunity, health issues, or the passing of a loved one. That said, you never NEED a reason to send a thinking of you card. Sometimes, just receiving one out of the blue can really brighten someone's day.
Thinking of You Messages Following Bad News
Thinking of you messages following bad news should be thoughtful and comforting. Of course, there's a pretty broad spectrum of events that can qualify as bad news. The severity of the event should influence the way you express yourself on the card. If your loved one is going through a divorce or lost their job, for example, you wouldn't want to come across as too casual. Here are some thinking of you messages following bad news:
- I'm sending you strength during this difficult time.
- Keep your head up. I know something good is just around the corner.
- You deserve so much better. I'm always here if you need to talk.
- I'm so sorry to hear about the news. I know you have the strength to get through this.
- Please accept my heartfelt sympathies during this challenging time.
- I know your courage and resilience will carry you through this unfortunate news.
- I am so sorry to hear about what happened. You're in my thoughts and prayers.
- We're all thinking of you right now. Please give me a call if you need anything.
- I hope these flowers bring you some comfort following the disheartening news.
- I know this hurts, but please don't give up on your goals. You're fully capable of anything you set your mind to.
Thinking of You Messages Following Good News
Cards and gifts shouldn't be reserved for expressing your sympathy following sad events. They're also a fantastic way to celebrate with your loved one. The thinking of you quotes or messages you use in your card can convey pride, joy, excitement, and other emotions you may experience after a loved one receives great news. These messages are ideal for a variety of happy events, such as graduations, pregnancies, and new job opportunities.
- Congratulations! Feeling so much joy for you during this exciting time.
- This amazing news is so well deserved. Please let yourself fully enjoy it.
- I'm so incredibly proud of everything you've accomplished.
- So thrilled to hear the good news. Your hard work and grit have finally paid off.
- I'm so happy for you. You deserve all the great things coming your way.
- This shows how much you're capable of. I hope you never doubt yourself again.
- So excited to hear the news! I hope you're doing lots of celebrating with your loved ones.
- Wow. I'm so impressed with what you've accomplished. I'm elated to hear the great news.
- I hope you're as proud of yourself right now as I am of you.
- Wishing I could be with you in person right now to celebrate this happy news.
Thinking of You Messages to Show Sympathy
When a loved one loses someone close to them, it can be difficult to know what to say or how to support them. A personalised sympathy card, which is customary with sympathy flowers etiquette, is an appropriate way of expressing your condolences, sympathy, and support. If you're not sure where to start, here are some heartfelt thinking of you messages to send after a loss:
- My deepest condolences for your devastating loss.
- I'm always just one phone call away if you ever need someone to talk to.
- I hope the wonderful memories of your loved one give you strength during this difficult time.
- I can't imagine the pain you must be feeling, but I'm always here for you. No matter what.
- I hope these flowers serve as a reminder of how many people love you.
- Your grace and courage during this heartbreaking time is an inspiration to us all.
- You're in my heart, my thoughts, and my prayers.
- I hope time and love help you find peace and happiness.
- You have so many people who love you. Please call me anytime you'd like.
- Your immeasurable loss is truly a loss to the world. Sending my heartfelt condolences.
Thinking of You Messages to Tell Someone You Miss Them
Sometimes, you have no particular reason for sending a card and flowers to someone. Maybe they've moved, you've lost touch, or you just miss being around them. If you'd like to show someone how much you've missed them, some flowers and a card with a sweet message is a very effective way to do so. Here are some thoughtful messages to get you started:
- I thought of you today...and yesterday...and the day before. I hope to see you soon!
- I've been missing your smile and your sense of humour even more than usual.
- The holidays aren't the same without you. Here's hoping we can meet up next year.
- I just want you to know that I haven't forgotten about how awesome you are.
- Missing you more every day. I guess distance does make the heart grow fonder!
- It's been way too long. Let's schedule a call soon!
- I miss getting to see you every day, but our memories always bring a smile to my face.
- You are one of my dearest and most treasured friends, no matter how far away you are.
- I've missed our late-night talks and weekend road trips. Here's to more in the future!
- This town isn't the same without you. We all miss having you around.
A Flowercard Is the Perfect Way to Show You’re Thinking of Someone
Whether you want to congratulate someone on their exciting news or express your sympathy during difficult times, Flowercard's personalised thinking of you gifts are a perfect choice. Our notes and hand-arranged miniature bouquets are sure to elicit feelings of love and comfort.
Our colourful bouquets of fresh flowers include veronicas, calla lilies, roses, lilacs, carnations, and more. They're paired with either a gorgeous display box or a swing tag, where your custom message will be printed.
If you need help picking out one of our eye-catching arrangements, our personal shopping assistants are here to help. You can contact our team by calling 0344 482 4422 between 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday to Friday or 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on the weekend. We hope to hear from you soon.