When someone’s moving into a new home, sending them a card or a gift is a lovely way to wish them well.
But it’s not always easy to know what to write in a new home card.
Perhaps your recipient is making a fresh start after a difficult time, or they are leaving friends and family behind.
To help you find the right words for your new home card, we’ve collated a selection of housewarming messages and quotes.
What to Say in a New Home Card
When you’re writing a new home card message, you will want to use warm, positive words. Wish them well, say good luck, and encourage your recipient to look forward. Use words like love, new memories, congratulations, new beginnings, and best wishes. Whatever the circumstances, when you move into a new home, it’s the start of a new adventure, so wish them many years of happiness ahead.
Housewarming quotes are great if you want to write a little more in your card. We’ve got lots of ideas for things to write to make your message more personal and heartfelt.
10 Housewarming Messages to Send to Celebrate a New Home
Whether it’s a new build or a listed building, they’re moving to a bigger house or downsizing, buying their first home or their hundredth, they’re bound to have myriad of feelings.
They might be feeling sad about what they are leaving behind, apprehensive about the future, or just really excited. It all depends on their circumstances. Whatever that special someone is feeling, receiving your best wishes will really help to put a smile on their face.
Here are ten ideas for housewarming messages:
- I hope the move wasn’t too stressful and the unpacking has got off to a good start. It won’t be long before you’re properly settled in.
- I pray that the house move goes smoothly for you and the joy of finally being there outweighs any stress or worries.
- May your home know joy, every room hold laughter, and every window be open to great possibilities.
- I wish you luck in cleaning out the past, packing up the present, and preparing for a much better future.
- I hope your new home is a place where you can feel content, enjoy happy times, and experience that wonderful feeling of belonging.
- Home is where you are surrounded by the people you love the most. Congratulations on your move.
- A beautiful family and a lovely home. What a perfect combination. May you and your family have many happy years in your new home.
- You’re our favourite people, and it fills us with joy to hear you’ve found a new home.
- I see you being so happy in your new home, and that makes me happy too.
- A new home is a place for memories to be made and great times to be had.
If you want to write a longer message, these housewarming quotes are sure to bring a glow to their heart:
Amid pleasures and palaces though we may roam,
Be it ever so humble, there’s no place like home.
You may have a new address
But we are never far apart.
For a friend like you will always be
In my thoughts and in my heart.
(From New Home by Nancy Hughes)
Oh joyous home, when built of love
Foundations of esteem.
The walls are raised from happiness,
With love the windows gleam.
(From Home by Ardelia Cotton Barton)
Every house where love abides
And friendship is a guest,
Is surely home, and home-sweet-home
For there, the heart can rest.
( From A Home Song by Henry Van Dyke)
It’s never easy to leave everything you’ve known for so long behind. Still, sometimes, moving is necessary if we want to leave our troubles behind and create a new adventure for ourselves.
If we were meant to stay in one place, we’d have roots instead of feet.
Bless your family’s new home. May its walls shelter you, its warmth always comfort you, and its rooms fill to bursting with happy memories day by day. Wishing you all the happiness in the world and more.
Congratulations on Your New Home
If you’ve ever bought a new home, you’ll know there’s a fair amount of stress and uncertainty involved. It can feel like quite an achievement to get everything finalised! With that in mind, offer your most sincere congratulations.
- Well done on finding and securing the home of your dreams.
- Congratulations! You’ve finally found the right one. I’m so happy for you.
- You did it. You’re in your dream home at last. Fantastic.
- So happy to hear everything has been finalised and you’re finally in.
- A new home. That’s so exciting. I can’t wait to see it.
- Your patience in waiting for the right time and the right house has really paid off. Congratulations on finding the perfect place for you and your family.
Congratulations on Your First Home
Buying your first home can be an exhilarating time. You’ve made a huge commitment, but you’ve also made a sound investment. The person moving will probably be experiencing a new sense of freedom as they can come and go as they please and live exactly how they want without answering to anyone else. Here are some ideas for words to write in a first new home card:
- I’m so happy to hear about your first home. Exciting times ahead.
- You have your whole future ahead of you, and you must be so excited about all the things you can do in your first home.
- Congratulations on finding just the right place to live in, laugh in, and grow (as a couple/family).
- Congratulations on buying your first house. It looks like it’s going to be a wonderful place to start your journey.
- You’re officially a grown-up now. Well done on getting on the first rung of the property ladder.
Congratulations on Your First Home as a Couple
It might not be straightforward to write a new home card for a couple. Perhaps it isn’t their first relationship, or they might be moving in together with their respective families to form a blended family. These new home quotes might help:
- Wishing you all the love and luck in the world as you embark on this exciting journey together.
- Best wishes as you join households and make a happy home together.
- May your first home together be a place where you can grow in love and happiness and nurture the dreams you share.
- A new shared address – how exciting. Wishing you love and happiness in your first home together.
Short and Sweet New Home Messages
You don’t have to write a lot. It’s fine to keep it short and sweet:
- Wishing you all the very best in your new home.
- It’s so exciting to move into a new home. I’m so happy for you.
- I hope you have many years making special memories in your new home.
- Good luck in your new home. May this be the start of a long and happy adventure.
- Here’s to many years of peace and enjoyment in your new pad.
- You’ve got the keys. Now start making memories in your lovely new home.
- A place of your own at last. So happy for you, you’re going to love it.
- A house is made of bricks; a home is made of love and dreams.
- Well done on taking your first step on the property ladder.
- There’s nothing like owning your own home. Congratulations.
- Home is where the heart is. Now go ahead and fill your home with love and happiness.
Depending on how well you know the person, you can be cheeky or funny:
- Looking forward to the housewarming party; the champagne is on ice.
- At last! No more sleeping on my sofa. So happy for you.
- Let me know when the first dinner party is happening. Can’t wait to see the new pad.
- Please don’t ask me to help with the painting. Or unpacking. But do invite me to the housewarming.
- Here’s to mortgage payments and mountains of debt!
- Home is where you can say anything you please, because nobody pays any attention to you anyway.
- Treasure those first moments in your new home on moving day. It will never be this clean or organised ever again.
- Congratulations on the new digs my friend, can’t wait to see it.
- I know you didn’t want to clean your old house, but you didn’t have to move.
- You’ll soon discover that living with someone is mostly just shouting ‘what?’ from different rooms.
A Flowercard Is the Perfect Way to Celebrate a New Home
With a flowercard, you send a beautiful gift as well as a personalised new home card.
Browse our selection of new home flowers online to find one your friend or loved one will like. You can choose their favourite flowers or colours or select the card that appeals to you the most. Leading card designers and British artists design our cards, so we’re confident you’ll be able to find an attractive design.
When you’ve chosen a design you know your recipient will like, you can add your own message. Flowercard’s florists will then compose your miniature fresh flower arrangement in your card using freshly picked flowers sourced from the best blooms in the world. We then deliver your gift in a stunning gift box. It’s a wonderful way to deliver the warmest wishes possible to your loved one in their new home.
When you’re trying to decide what to write in a new home card, the important thing is to consider their personal circumstances. Think about how they are feeling and what you would want someone to say to you if you were in the same position. Always use positive language and let them know you care.