Get well soon messages can be a wonderful way to help make someone’s day a little brighter when they’re feeling under the weather. By focusing on a more positive future, you have the power to help an ailing loved one find a bit of hope in their situation.
However, when faced with the task of writing a get well soon card, it can be easy to feel overwhelmed and unsure. What should you say? How should you say it? What if it makes the recipient feel worse and not better? It’s important to choose the right words with care to ensure they have the desired effect.
If you aren’t sure what sort of message to send or what to write in a get well card, just remember these three simple rules:
- Consider the recipient. What do they want and need to hear right now?
- Consider your relationship. What sort of relationship do you have during your day-to-day life?
- Consider their condition. What events are they going through right now?
By carefully considering these three elements, you will be able to gauge your get well message to make sure it’s the right one. As for the message itself, we have plenty of ideas as to what to write in a get well soon card the next time you find yourself needing to write one!
Rest assured that the mere act of delivering a heartfelt get well soon message – regardless of what the message may be – is sure to cheer someone’s day. From inspiring get well soon quotes to hilarious little jokes that will bring a smile to the recipient’s face, continue reading to find inspiration for your next get well soon card.
When Should You Send A Get Well Soon Card?
Thanks to the level of connectivity we enjoy from personal phones and social media, it is usually easy to know when someone in your life needs the boost of cheer that a get well soon card will give. It is important to send a get well soon card as soon as you learn about the recipient’s condition – in this way, you’ll be less likely to forget!
Whatever you do, don’t let nervousness or other feelings get in the way of reaching out. Even if you’re not particularly close to the person, a quick and easy get well soon card is a lovely and nearly effortless way of making someone’s troubling time a little easier to bear.
Who Should You Send A Get Well Soon Card To?
You should feel free to send a get well soon card to anyone in your life who is dealing with an illness, hospital stay, accident or is recovering from being unwell. This could be anyone from a close family member or a dear friend to your colleagues or boss at work.
What To Write In A Get Well Card
No matter what words you choose for your get well soon messages, it is important to write them from the heart and personalise them for the recipient.
Start off with a warm greeting that lets the person know you are thinking of them, then follow with your well wishes for good health, a full and speedy recovery or whatever the case may be. You should stay specific to what the recipient is going through, although it is important to focus on the positive rather than dwelling on the negative.
After your well wishes, you may wish to express your love and appreciation for the recipient in an appropriate way as determined by your relationship. For example, you may want to include humorous inside jokes for a good friend, while you may choose to tell a colleague how much their work means to you.
Some other elements you may choose to include with your get well soon messages are inspiring get well soon quotes, offers of support with daily duties that the recipient may not be able to do themselves, flowers or other thoughtful gifts, and spiritual words and thoughts. Sign off with a warm closing that reminds the person you will be thinking of them, and your message is all done!
Above all, remember that it’s hard to go wrong if you remain empathetic to the recipient’s situation. Be thoughtful and compassionate and your get well soon message is sure to make the person smile.
Short & Sweet Ways To Say Get Well Soon
If you’re not sure what to write in a get well soon card, one of these simple and often-used messages are sure to fit any situation. These short and sweet well wishes are perfect by themselves or as part of a longer message.
- Feel better soon!
- Best wishes for your speedy recovery.
- Sending love and good thoughts to you!
- Thinking of you and wishing you the best.
- You are in all our thoughts.
- Get well soon!
- We wish you all the best as you recover.
- Take it one day at a time.
- Here’s hoping you feel better every day.
- All our love to you during this difficult time.
- Soon you’ll be back to doing what you love.
Get Well Soon Messages During Illness
What you say in your get well soon card can mean a lot to the recipient, especially if they are still experiencing an illness. Offering up your time to complete tasks they may not be able to do themselves is a great way to brighten their day, as is a beautiful and meaningful inspirational quote to help them get through their difficult time. You can choose a quote that you already know is meaningful to them, or try one of our get well soon quotes instead.
- “Tough times don’t last, tough people do.” – Anonymous
- “Hardships often prepare ordinary people for an extraordinary destiny.” – C.S. Lewis
- “Although the world is full of suffering, it’s full also of the overcoming of it.” – Helen Keller
- “In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity.” – Albert Einstein
- “There is one consolation in being sick; and that is the possibility that you may recover to a better state than you were ever in before.” – Henry David Thoreau
Get Well Soon Messages After A Hospital Stay
Recovering from an illness, accident or hospital stay is a challenge in and of itself. It requires large quantities of love and support to ensure that the person can return to life as normally as possible. Your get well card is the perfect way to show encouragement and support during this process.
- We’re thinking of you and wishing you a fast recovery.
- Now is the time to rest and relax so that you can get well soon!
- Warmest wishes for a speedy recovery!
- We all miss you around here. Hope your recovery goes smoothly!
- Welcome home! We hope your recovery is quick and easy!
Funny Get Well Soon Messages
Humour is one of the best medicines, but like all medications, it should be used sparingly and only in the right circumstances. Use our funny get well soon messages when you know that the recipient will respond well to some light-heartedness.
- You’re so great even the germs like you!
- There’s an easier way to get out of housework! Hope you get well soon!
- I may not have a medical degree, but even I can see you’re sick. Get better soon!
- We were so sorry to hear that your sick day was due to an actual illness.
- It’s tough to see you feeling rotten. Who are we going to make fun of now?
Get Well Soon Messages For A Parent
It can be devastating when your parent is experiencing an illness or is otherwise indisposed. Luckily, you are in the unique position to bring a little extra light into their day with a special get well soon message. Nothing is more meaningful to a parent than knowing that their child is thinking of them.
- Mum/Dad, we miss you so much! Home isn’t the same without you. Get well soon!
- You’re always here for us and now it’s our turn to be here for you. Let us know what we can do to help you get better soon.
- Get well soon, Mum/Dad. Your kids all miss you so much!
- Now we know how incomplete life is without you – wishing you the speediest recovery so we can all be together again soon.
- No one misses your smile more than we do – get well soon!
Get Well Soon Messages For A Sibling
Whether you and your sibling have a close bond or not, seeing a brother or sister going through tough times can be difficult. You can do something to cheer up your sibling by sending them a personalised get well soon message. No matter what you say, it will mean a lot.
- You’re the best brother/sister I could ever ask for. Feel better soon!
- I know you can do this. Can’t wait to see you at home again!
- No one makes me smile as much as you do. Get well soon, I miss you!
- You sure do have a nice flat/room…better get well soon or I’ll have to move in!
- Seeing you sick breaks my heart, but I’m always just a phone call away. Get well soon, brother/sister!
Get Well Soon Messages For A Friend
A great friend is always there in times of trouble, so when one of your mates isn’t feeling well, be sure to step up with a warm and personal get well soon message.
- Whether in sickness or in good health, I’ll never have another friend like you!
- Get well soon! Everyone else is boring.
- If the greatest healing therapy is friendship, I’ll have you feeling better in no time.
- Your smile has always been contagious – and now the rest of you is, too! Get well soon so we can meet again!
- Your friendship means the world to me – best wishes for your recovery!
Get Well Soon Message For A Colleague
Whether your colleague is a good friend in the cubicle next to you or a respected superior, offering a timely get well soon message is a wonderfully thoughtful way to show your appreciation for those you work with. Of course, it’s still important to keep the balance between personal and professional, but you should have no trouble doing that with these get wells soon messages for a colleague.
- Here’s hoping that you’ll be back with us soon!
- Work isn’t the same without you! We’re looking forward to your speedy recovery and return.
- We can’t wait to see your smiling face back on our team.
- Take all the time you need to recover. Don’t worry, we’ll save some work for you!
- We’re so sorry to hear about your illness. Our team is worse off without you.
A Flowercard Is The Perfect Way To Send Get Well Soon Wishes
Nothing has the power to brighten a dark day like a heartfelt wish for recovery. And what goes equally well with a warm get well card? Beautiful floral arrangements, of course!
Whether your loved one is ill at home, visiting the hospital or in recovery, we know that they’ll love your personalised choice of Flowercard. Each Flowercard houses a gorgeous and fragrant bouquet of precisely placed blooms along with your personalised get well soon message. From delicate pastel arrangements to boldly beautiful styles, we have a Flowercard for any taste.
Choose from several different bouquets and styles to find the perfect one for your loved one, and be sure to include a beautiful heartfelt message. The recipient will enjoy reading your beautiful words as the graceful fragrance wraps around them and speeds them to recovery. Make the gift even more special by including optional extras such as scented candles, gourmet chocolates or lovely embellished trinkets.
If someone you love is feeling poorly, browse our collection of get well soon Flowercards and gift ideas to find the perfect solution to add some cheer back into their life.